Forum rules - please read before posting.

voice for speech with multiple lines

I've coded the game in such a way that there are most often several lines broken by an enter in the character's speech  line.

i am now adding some temporary voices to check how things work and notices that when exporting the script - the speech plays for the first line - but the subtitle shows for the following lines as well.

example this line with Bolt RIley as speaker and line ID 309 is :
It's a yearbook.
There are lots of names here.
According to the first page, 
757 people attended the Trenchtown highschool.

will play  BoltRiley309
and then display:
"There are lots of names here.
According to the first page, 
757 people attended the Trenchtown highschool"

how do i 
1. make it now show the 3 other lines (is that a bug?)
2. split the voice file to 4 (what's the file naming convention? couldn'tfind any reference)

Comments

• 1) No, just a limitation.  Line IDs are assigned per-Action, so you cannot use different voice files for different lines on the same Action.

2) Split to 4 what?  Sorry, I don't understand.
  • sorry for the many typos. my fault for writing at 3am when i find bugs.

so what i understand is that :
    1. instead of one voice file
    i.e. BoltRiley309
    maybe it should play BoltRiley309_00 for line 0, BoltRiley309_01, for line 1, etc...  I though thtere might be some file naming convention for that, but from what i undestand it might not be a feature yet. 

2. there is currently no way to make AC NOT dislpay the 3 other lines if the voice file for the first line ?

if i'm still not making sense want me to make a video?

• I went about it a different way.

for each line, i created a new play speach with a new line.}

I think the way you do it, may not be possible?

Maybe its down to the time between speach in the settings?
  • i have tons (dozens or more of these) lines with break. they worked well with subtitles. unless there will be a script that can go over every sinlge speech dialog and break it (hoping without bugs) , it will he a very hell-ish proccess.
  • I understand your predicament.  The "split line" feature was added as an aid - but doesn't account for translations / audio.

It's not something that's easily remedied, so while I won't make promises I will look into it - the "BoltRiley389_01" suggestion is a good one.
  • would absolutely love it if you can implement it like that with the _NN suffix in one of the upcoming releases.
  • (it would also be more elegant when skipping dialog lines, and maybe easier for lipsynching)
  • The underscore won't happen after all - since it then involves two numbers separately.  The best I can do is simply separate lines with unique numbers in the Speech Manager.  You'll be able to translate / add audio to them, but their ID numbers won't have any relation to each other.
  • edited November 2015
    if it can be squential it would be best, but even if not this is a lesser evil than the current way it is implemented.