Forum rules - please read before posting.

Randomize Talk Frames

I hope that I've overlooked something obvious, but after checking the manual and searching this discussion board, I'm unable to answer a question I have about talking animations.

I'm making a 2D game, and I have a talk animation clip all set up. I'm not doing lip-syncing. I just want the frames in the talk animation to play in a random order, rather than sequentially as they do now. Is there a way to do this within the Adventure Creator interface, or do I need to do some scripting?

Comments

• Have all your talk animations in separate animations. Then make an actionlist and Variable : Check random and add as many all your talk animations as you want to play random, set each animation Wait till finished ? checked and loop it back to Variable : Check random .
  • If you are using Sprites Unity for your character's animation engine, then you will only be able to play the same talk animation each time (per direction).

If, however, you switch to Sprites Unity Complex, your animation is then controlled using Mecanim parameters.  Talking animations are triggered with a boolean parameter, so you can set up a FSM that picks a random talk animation when transitioning.  Perhaps something along the lines of changing an Integer parameter randomly, which determines which frame / animation to play.  It'd require a small script, but very simple.