Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera Switch Configuration

Hi!

working on my first interior scene, I decided to create a cutscene that allows me to give a view of the room before start playing. 

In my first tests PlayerStart had done right in the beginning of the video, in front of entrance door. Now, my player begins into Bathroom, the door in the other side of the room. And now I want to reconfigure the cameras.

NavCam1 (Camera I selected in the video) initially followed the player and worked properly when I started to play from there. Now, my NavCam2 is currently the initial camera in game, but NavCam1 moves with Player undesirably.

¿Can't I configure that until NavCam1 is not active, not follow the player?

I hope it has become clear...
Thanks!

Comments

• You should see an option at the bottom of your GameCamera Inspector labelled Use default PlayerStart?.  Is this checked?

That option basically means that the position of the camera will be based on your Default PlayerStart position, rather than the Player's starting position - so that it will have the same position for a given player position, no matter where the player started from.
  • Hi Chris,

I unchecked this option and now the camera not moves undesirably, but can't follow the player too. 

I attach an image from Inspector for NavCam1 configuration.

• My point was that it needs to be checked.  You should then find that, for a given player position, the camera is always in the same place - regardless of where in the scene the player began.  Is this not the case?  Try teleporting the player to the same position when approaching the scene from different PlayerStarts, and noting the camera's position.