Forum rules - please read before posting.

Swap between UFPS and AC cameras

I am trying to make a cut scene that happens when my UFPS character walks into a trigger. I want it to cut to an animated AC camera, im using a GameCameraAnimated. It all seems to actually animate well but I cannot actually see from that camera, it stays with my UFPS guys camera. Even when I include in the trigger to switch to the new camera it stays on the UFPS guy. Is there a recommended way to do this? I will obviously want to switch back to the UFPS character once the cut scene is complete too.

Comments

• So long as the Trigger's When running field is set to Pause Gameplay, then you should be free to switch to AC cameras for it's duration.

Is your UFPS prefab present in the scene when the game is not running, and have you tried using any of the ready-made AC compatible UFPS prefabs?
  • edited May 2017
    I am still having this same issue, my ufps guy is present when the game is not running yes. My guy is built on the ufps prefabs, but a long while ago. I can get the UFPS camera to fade out, but when I switch to or fade into an AC camera for my cut scene it is still not actually showing up (it fades back into the ufps camera). If I turn it on manually in the hierarchy it works as expected. Looks like I am still stuck on this lamost 2 years later lol..
  • The method to integrate AC and UFPS has been greatly simplified since the support was first provided 2 years ago.  Try rebuilding your prefab according to the revised tutorial.

UFPS integration is also covered in this part of the FPS video tutorial.