Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animate menu

edited June 2014 in Technical Q&A
I was wondering if is possible to apply animation to menu elements. Something like the image shaking inside the invenotry or something like that...is doable? the gui will load gifs?

Comments

• When it comes to the menu system, it'll never be possible to build an interface that allows for any and all requests.  To compensate, you can use the MenuSystem script to "inject' your own code into it.  When a Menu is enabled, or a Button clicked, a function is called in MenuSystem that looks for additional code.

As an example, this is how the demo game's Pause menu removes the "Save" button while in Cutscenes (since game's can't be saved during them).  Since this script is left alone by me, you can add your own custom code to this script, and replace it after updating AC.

To offset the Inventory menu by a certain amount, you'd use similar code to this:

if (_menu.title == "Inventory")
    {
      _menu.SetCentre (40f, -40f);
    }
  • What if I use 3d elements attacking them to the camera component? U think is doable and a good solution?
  • It's possible to link Menus with 3D elements - have a look at this tutorial.
  • edited June 2014
    I did it...but when I click the hotspot my pause button on the downleft corner (the default one with written menu) become invisible for a moment then reappears...why?
  • If you're using the default InGame menu from the Demo Menu Manager, that particular Menu is set to appear During Gameplay.  If your Hotspot click causes a Cutscene to begin, that menu will disappear for it's duration.  For complete control over the menu's on/off state, set it's "Appear type" to Manual instead.
  • Is not running a cutscene. And the action is set to run in background
  • Will look into it.