Forum rules - please read before posting.

Two werid navigation issues

1. my player doesn't run all the way to where he's suppose to.
2. my player walkes outsire he navmesh area.

video:

bolt's prefab settings

Comments

• As the Console is warning you, Bolt's sprite is not positioned at (0,0,0).  This is very important for 2D navigation.

The "closeness" to which he'll walk to a given point can be tweaked in the Settings Manager, under Movement settings.
  • His sprite child is actually on 0,0,0 look:

• This are the setings i have.

accuracy is now 1 and navmesh search 85% 
    there is still a great differrenct between how we walks to a poitn and how he runs to the same point.

• The message won't appear if he's at the origin in-game.  Are you sure the animations aren't displacing the sprite during gameplay?
  • all the sprites in every scenes are at 0,0,0 and all of them give out this warning since i upgraded to 1.49
  • i rechecked their animations and the only change the sprite not the postion
  • I think the problem is bigger. because now i noticed Bolt just blatanly ignores the navmes and goes where ever he wants outside of it.
    also I am a little bit confused about what size his circle collider should be. increasing destination accuract made me noticed he doens't reach his destination and doesn't go around corners well . i disabled the collider right not (not sure how bad that is) because he wouldn't leave the scene cause he wouldn't reach the marker because he would walk out of the navmesh . 

not sure i explained everything correctly, want me to take a video of it? 
    i'm susspecting these new probelms which i don't remember having are related to that notice i'm getting on all my sprites that it's not in 0,0,0. i htink things were fine in previous versions of AC

• I agree - other users have reported similar problems.

I want to fast-track this issue and get a fix out ASAP, but a video isn't going to be enough.  As I can't recreate this behaviour myself, I would ask that you send me a .unitypackage that demonstrates this.  It doesn't need background graphics - just a test scene would be fine - so long as I can see this problem first-hand.
  • ok. i'll try and get the scene itself exported without graphics in a vanilla AC project
  • I would still like to see the scene, but I believe the issue is related to the Attempt to move around characters when pathfinding? option in your Navigation Mesh inspector.  See if disabling it improves things.
  • I disabled it. it's still the same. will try and get you a project that reproduces this
  • ok. i'm pming you a standalone project where he goess oft the navmesh

• ok. i've applied the new patch. 
    i don't get the sprite not in 0,0,0 anymore!
    but -
    bolt seems to stay inside the navmesh, but then i found out a few other bugs in the scene (on my end) and fixes them - like hotspot colliders not being triggers.

however, i found a new werid behaviour.
    If i'm skipping the OnStart cutscene - Smokey doesn't get places in the proper sprite order in layer according to the sorting map which causes Bolt to appear behind his as they are then for some reason on the same order layer.. 

• edited November 2015
    Please reply to my PM regarding the patch, rather than posting here.  So you're saying the NavMesh issues are now fixed?

As with all problems, I need considerably more detail than that.  What happens in your OnStart cutscene?  Do either of the characters move?  Which character is at fault (check by viewing their FollowSortingMap components), and does the ordering correct itself once you start moving again?
  • I think i will make a video explaining the new problems and include some screenshots.

whlie it looks like it did, I'm not entirely sure if the navmesh problems were corrected because i think i was confused by both navmesh + sorting map bugs + some collider bugs (that i fixed). I'll keep and eye from now it.
  • I made a video let me know if you need screens of any properties or more prefabs

• A shakycam video at 240p isn't going to help much, I'm afraid.

In a test copy scene, try removing any unnecessary Actions from your OnStart cutscene, so that you can isolate the exact Action(s) that cause the issue.  Screenshots will help, as will answers to the questions in my previous post.