Forum rules - please read before posting.

Mini puzzle

Well i´m making a mini puzzle with more interactivity like a simple click or that stuff. I need some ideas or solutions if anybody do something like this:

1) I want to open a fence
2)Pop up window with the zoomed fence
3)Use an object to unlock the fence with action (move to object with the mouse in the lock and move the obstacles to unlock)
4)Kill pop up window

All the stuff is in 2d
thanks

Something like this but with a pop up window https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bzV_OuyMXM 3.20 minute

Comments

• edited October 2015
    I have plenty of this kind of mini games in my game. All in 2d.

Have all mini game elements (hotspots, sprites, animations etc) childed to the background image of your mini puzzle.
    Add movable component to your mini puzzle image.
    Place it out of the screen and on top of your main game background images.
    Place a hotspot that calls it to appear in the middle of your screen.
    Do whatever is needed and close the screen.

The rest is a matter of technicality since there are hundreds of different mini games so I can't cover them all. But mainly they include things like switch on/off hotspots, play animations, remove/add objects (sprites, animations), remember visibility etc.
  • Thanks @SkyTree if you have any example to download it will be really helpful not only for my also for the comunity.
  • Sorry, as I mentioned there are no specific tailor made tutorials. But it's not
    really hard.
    It is all about click on a hotspot, hide/move/rotate a sprite or play animation, and if the
    conditions are met do something.
    Good luck with your game.