Forum rules - please read before posting.

HUGE problem .w.

I accidentally moved my game folders to my dropbox instead of just copy pasting them and I think some files went missing or something... Either way, I got some really weird screw ups that won't fix themselves.

I got some actionlists, assets, and they got all in tact when not playing the game, but the second I press play they all unravel. All my cameras and Navmeshes cannot be found and are deselected. It does this for some markers and NPCs as well. I have no clue why it does it, any help would be nice .w.

Comments

• And it's gotten weirder... if I start up a completely new Unity project and asks it to download the Adventure Creator assets from the Unity store, (it tells me if will override settings) and I say yes to it, and then I try to build the messed up trigger work and it still messes up in this new project with nothing from the old game in it.
  • I've uninstalled Unity, tried to redownload Adventure Creator.. nothing fixes his problem :(
  • I've now even tried to install Unity on my tablet, and download Adventure Creator onto it, and then made an Actionlist with switch camera in it. It, like all other times before, just removes the camera from the Actionlist when running the game and then puts it back into it once I stop the game. I don't know why this is happening... it makes no sense at all.
  • I apologise for your trouble.  I certainly haven't heard of this issue myself before, though from your description it could well be a problem with Unity rather than with AC specifically.

Let's focus on getting a new project up and running first.  What version of Unity are you using?  I take it you're actually downloaded AC from scratch, rather that just re-import it into a fresh project.

When you say ActionList, do you mean a scene-based or asset-based one?  Try it in a Cutscene - does the camera then get unset?
  • Yeah, I've tried both to re-import and delete all asset files to then redownload it. I've done this process on both my main desktop and my laptop to see if I got the same results, and I sadly did. So I figured it had to either be a bug with Unity or a bug with Adventure Creator. And in terms for what gets bugged, it's only asset Actionlists. Scene actionlist don't seem affected by it, and I can sorta get around this issue by using those instead for the main part of it. But still, wish this wasn't a problem XD And I'm using the newest version of Unity and the newest version of Adventure Creator. And to furthermore add weirdness to this issue. In some of the asset Actionlists, they get their things back once I start to use them. Example would be the one that allows you to switch between player characters with a menu button. Once I press switch, all the info magically pop into place, and to add onto that, one of the two placement asset actionlists also get their data back when it happens, but the other, which is almost identical, doesn't.
    In my scene I got 16 sections, so 16 cameras, navmeshes and such. So I made an asset Actionlist with 16 booleans to keep track of the individual character and assign camera + navmesh when the player takes control of them. So for one character, this Actionlist starts to work when I do the switch around program, but it won't work until I do it, and it's only working for one of the two characters. It's beyond weird XD
    At least I can work around the problem, but I hope a fix comes soon, or at least it can be narrowed down to be a Unity fault or Adventure Creator fault.
  • I think the key point is that this issue only occured after you moved the files to the wrong folder.  Just to check: it was working with the same version of AC and Unity, correct?  While the knock-on effect is that ActionList assets are affected, it does sound like this is a Unity issue.
  • mhm, it only happened after the files were moved. The files I moved was the project, and when I tried to move it, it was unable to move some files, so not sure what happened to those. And yeah, it was working with the newest version of both of them before the screw up. This is why I'm so terribly confused about the whole thing. I thought it was an issue with just that project due to the file mess-up. But the bug itself appears on another computer where I have no connection to the messed up files except for using the same Unity account.
  • edited October 2015
    Indeed, very odd.  Could the problem have affected your Unity account, I wonder?  It might be worth testing with a separate login, if that's possible.  You can export the AdventureCreator folder to a unitypackage, to re-import it under a different account.
  • I tested it with a brand new account, and same problem all over again :(
  • I really can't explain the behaviour.  Though I still believe the problem's source is with Unity, since it is affecting your work with AC I can offer you a refund if you choose to stop using it.  PM me your invoice number if so.
  • No no, I absolutely don't want a refund. I love the program :P I can work around the problem till I figure out how to fix it. Maybe a future patch from unity will fix it ^^
  • Thanks.  Hope so!