Forum rules - please read before posting.

Newbie with a couple of questions

edited October 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hello, I purchased adventure creator a few months ago but havent got time to start my project, until now :) I watched the 3 long youtube tutorials but I have a few questions.

1. Is it possible to have more than 1 player in the scene and be able to switch between the players. Like Player 1 have a skill that Player 2 dont have, so switch to Player 2 to complete task.

2. Is it possible to have a life system? Like if I do something wrong, I loose HP and can die? Or do I need to use playmaker e.g. as bridge for such system. I own playmaker too but I want to keep project small as possible and use less as possible addtional thirdparty apps.

3. Does anybody yet released a game with AC on IOS? I want to see the performance and handling.

4. Can I use FINAL IK asset with AC? Found posting where someone combined it. So its possible.

Thanks, thats all :)

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Welcome to the forum, @pxdn.

1) Yes, you can have multiple Players in a game.  You can enable this at the top of your Settings Manager, and assign as many Players as you like.  The "Player: Switch" Action can then be used to switch player.

However, only one Player can be present in a scene at a time, so if you want two player characters to be visible, you have to make a "dummy NPC" version of the player not currently active (so that it's an NPC, but uses the same graphics).  You can then use the "Player: Switch" Action to replace the existing Player with an NPC.

2) You can create a "Health" variable (integer or float) inside your Variables Manager - I would recommend Global.  You can then decrease the value in-game by using the "Variable: Set" Action, followed up by a "Variable: Check" to see if it's below zero.

Since this'll be a commonly-used pair of Actions, you might want to look into paramaterising them, so that you can call upon a single "Take damage" ActionList - rather than creating them over and over.  See this tutorial for more on this topic.
  • Thank you!