Forum rules - please read before posting.

Collision Cube

I am making a platform game controlling with keyboard so the navmesh doesn't work for me.

I tried to use the collision cube but it doesn't work too and I couldn't find any manual about using it.

Does anyone know whether or not I can use the collision cube in my case?

Comments

• A Collision Cube is just a convience prefab, in that it's just a ready-make box collider that you can add more quickly using the Scene Manager.  However, if you're making a 2D game that be sure that the actual prefab listed is "Collision Cube 2D".

AC's movment system doesn't change the way Unity's physics work - so gravity, collisions etc are still bound by the normal rules of Unity's internal physics system.
  • So how would we get collision cube 2D to work with "Unity 2D mode", or is that not possible?  For my purposes, I'm trying to have the player not be able to go to the next scene until a door opens, so i have the navmesh going out through the door, but starts with the door closed, so I dont want the player to be able to walk out until it animates to be open.
  • If your game is point-and-click, you don't need colliders at all - just use NavMeshes.

You can create two NavMeshes - one that incudes the doorway, one that doesn't - and swap them as being the "active" one by using the Engine: Change scene setting Action.
  • Got it, worked perfectly, thanks!