Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disable Mouse Locked to game view?

is there a settings for this?

Comments

• Sorry, what do you mean?  AC's cursor options are under "Interface settings" in the Settings Manager.
  • Maybe there's a workaround?

When I hit play the mouse pointer becomes locked to the game view, just like in a build of the game.
    Then you must alt-tab out to get your mouse pointer back.
    I personally don't think this is a good user experience. ( example if someone playing uses a drawing tablet for input, they then must exchange it for a mouse to play )
  • Unless you're talking about the cursor being locked to the screen's centre (which is optional), Unity handles how the cursor behaves when the game begins - not AC.
  • disabled "Replace mouse cursor?" and now i get it back after the initial cut scene finishes (which i didn't wait to see would happen when trying stuff).
    So i guess what i thought was it being locked to the game view, was really it just being invisible when the cursor left the game view. Sorry about my assumptions. Is there a setting to stop this from happening during a cutscene as well.
  • onStart

Engine -> Manage Systems -> at the top is cursor set it to disabled

before scene ends - or whenever you want

Engine -> Manage Systems -> at the top is cursor set it to enable.
  • Thank you, :)

for anyone trying to solve,

Select your OnStart Cutscene, add a new action, with Action type: Engine -> Manage Systems