Forum rules - please read before posting.

Highlight Item Glitch

edited October 2015 in Technical Q&A
I'm using Unity 5.1.3f1 and version 1.48a of AC.

I'm having a problem with objects being highlighted in my scene when the mouse is over the relevant hotspot.

I have a scene of around 8 hotspots/item and 7 of them work fine apart from 1 of them.

All my items are prefabs and are all structured the same as each other. I've added the Highlight script to all but for some reason there's one object that just will not highlight.

I've deleted and re-imported the affected prefab to no avail. I've even tried re-texturing it to see if that was an issue.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

Comments

• I seem to have figured it out - the highlighted items won't glow if they're assigned a mobile shader.

Is there a reason for this?
  • The Highlight script will, by default, affect the material's "_Color" property to perform the highlighting effect.  If one doesn't exist on the shader, it won't have any effect.

If you want to control a different shader (or perform a different effect, such as an object outline or something), you'll have to attach a custom script that controls the shader / material according to the effect's intended intensity.

First, uncheck Brighten materials in the Highlight component's inspector, so that the intended intensity is calculated, but no actual effect is made.  Then, you can access the intended intensity with the script's GetHighlightIntensity () function.