Forum rules - please read before posting.

Upgrade question

Comments

• upgraded to unity 4.6.8 and it's the same
  • made a video so you can see what it looks like. anything else i can take screenshots of ?

• It's not clear if this is a fault with the Player prefab, or the scene.  Load the 2D Demo Managers, load up the 2D Demo's Park scene, drop your Player prefab inside and run the game.  Can he move around in that scene?

If not, PM me the prefab.
  • brian moves ok in the 2d demo, bolt dosen't. pming you the PF
  • for some reason i don't see "only more when sprite changes" property in Bolt's prefab! maybe that has to do with it somehow?
  • FOUND IT! I removed "Apply root motion" form the sprite animator and now he moves!!
  • ok. now i'll try and focus finding the problems with the menus. 
  • first glance everything seem ok. imageimage
  • Check that the ConstantID numbers that the buttons reference match up correctly on the UI prefab.
  • they sort of look ok, 
    i will send screenshots.
    I did something werid that make it sort of work on one menu item.  I duplicated the options menu in the menu but not it's prefab. now does open up the options menu but then save below it isn't selectable. 

i'm gonna take a breka and come back to it with fresh eyes. maybe i missed something.
  • same constant ID for the button and the menu. and to be on the safe side i temporaritly even deleted all the UI prefabs from the AC demo foler 
  • p.s. I noticed that the "Save" button in the pause menu (befoer the upgrade) doesn't appear when the game is paused. How is does that happen? I don't see any place in the menu definitions that causes it to do that. am i missing something or is there some stuff hard coded behind the scenes with Save?
  • MenuSystem.cs looks out for the "Save" button when "Pause" is turned on, and hides it if the game cannot be saved at the time.

If the new OptionsButton is working, just remove the old one and you should be fine.
  • When i remove the old one it stops working.
  • Please be more descriptive when posting problems.  Stops responding to clicks?  Stops showing at all?

Check that the element remaining is properly linked to a UI Button.  Drag the UI prefab into the scene, then drag the UI button onto the element slot in the Menu Manager, and apply any changes it makes to the UI.
  • Here is a video explaining the problem better than what I managed to do in writing.

• You've set the Menu's Source to "Unity Ui Prefab", which means AC will load in the Menu and set it up itself.  Apply any changes made to the PauseUI object, then remove it from the scene.

If that still doesn't work, PM me the Prefab + Menu Manager asset.
  • I only put the prefab in the scene so i can make the video..I'll send you both files.
  • I only put the prefab in the scene so i can make the video..I'll send you both files.
  • I'm tyring to upgarde to Unity 5 now. some things obviously ddint go smoother (some Root motions were applied in some animations, and the 2D sound had to be redone) but now it seems like i'm almost there with the upgrade but one this behaves differenty -
    for some reason, when i hit play in the editor, the mouse is locked into the game screen and i can leave the game screen unlesss i alt-tab . is that intentinoal? i didn't see it happening in other projects, is this somethings AC related or one of my other plugsins is causing this?