Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles translation

edited October 2015 in Technical Q&A

Is it possible to just have the csv files for translation or do i need to know in the development process which languages do i support? Isn't it possible to just throw in a new csv-file even after the game was published, so that it's always possible to add new translations?

Comments

• CSV files aren't included in builds: they're only used temporarily to send to translators, and need to be re-imported back into AC before you build the game.  Adding a translation to an existing game requires the build itself to be updated - it's not a case of simply adding the CSV file itself to the game's folder.
  • edited October 2015
    Are you importing those csv files in some kind of db? Is it possible to change the code to Import those csv files at runtime into your needed structure (db or whatever)?
  • They are imported into the Speech Manager.  I am not sure if that would be possible - I shall look into it.
  • That would be really nice, thank you!
  • This'll go halfway, I think.  v1.49 will bring the ability to amend or add new translations at runtime, but the process of doing so will require a custom script, and the text file will need to be inside an asset bundle if you wish to include it after the game's release.
  • That's cool, thank you very much!!!