Forum rules - please read before posting.

Gamepad as mouse cursor (UFPS)

I hope that this doesn't extend beyond the scope of Adventure Creator, but if it does, feel free to send me packing. My project is becoming a bit of a convoluted mess of plugins and assets, and I'm trying to keep them all in order. It's mostly UFPS that's the problem, but in this case I think it's something that can be resolved through Adventure Creator.

After some Input Manager finagling, I've got all navigation, movement and interactions working with the gamepad, with one exception: whenever free-aim is disabled through AC (either as an action, or with the "Disable free-aim when moving Draggables  and PickUps" option), the analogue sticks cease to control the cursor.

How would I go about resolving this? This is particularly problematic with draggables, as they can't be dragged at all; it's as though disabling free-aim switches to some other form of mouse input that can't be mimicked with the gamepad. 

Comments

• The first thing to do is to narrow the source of the problem, which is especially important because your set-up is quite unique.

1) If you switch to regular "AC First person" movement (you can use Tin Pot as a pre-made Player prefab), does it then work?
    2) If you switch to "Mouse and Keyboard" movement, and remove the gamepad from the equation, does it then work?
  • Thanks Chris,

I'll be honest: I can't get the regular first-person controls to work properly with a gamepad. Movement is fine, but looking around doesn't work at all.

Regular keyboard and mouse control works completely fine, though.

Probably not helpful, I know :(
  • Free-aiming in AC's First Person mode is mapped to the CursorHorizontal / CursorVertical inputs, as listed in the Settings Manager.  You'll need to manually define these before it'll work, and also be sure that your cursor isn't locked when the game begins (also in the Settings Manager).