Forum rules - please read before posting.

a simple string to int ?

I must have an int to use the variable:Run Sequence. From a special Menu I enter a number and a Button initiates an Action List to determine what to do depending on the number I entered. The Variable:Run Sequence is perfect for my purpose but I can't get an int from the Menu->Input field, so I can't use the variable:Run Sequence. Since I have about 10 choices I would have to have 10 variable:check to check each number from 1 to 10 !!!

I could write the simplest atoi() in script but isn't there a solution within AC?

Comments

• You could use the "Formula" opton in the "Variable: Set" Action to do this.

You'll basically want to store your string into a separate variable to your integer, and then use "Variable: Set" with "Method" set to "Formula".  Then insert the string variable, as set by your input box, into the formula field using tokens, eg:

[var:2]

Which will be replaced by your variable of ID=2 when run in-game.
  • Yes, thank you. It is not very clear that the Method "Formula" does a conversion just by using the converse variable, I suppose this would work also if I were to convert an int to string.

Thank you.