Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change Display Hotspot Icon state with menu button click.

edited September 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi everyone.
I haven't found this in the forum so sorry if it was discussed before.
I want to change Display Hotspot Icon state from "Never" to "Always" and vice versa with a click of a menu button. In other words I need a button that will display icons over every hotspot when the button is clicked to help player locate the hotspots if he need help in doing so and turn the icons off when the button is clicked again.
Ideally this should work when player touch the screen in touch screen mode but a simple button would work too.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @wortek.

You can show all Hotspots in the scene by triggering the "FlashHotspots" input button, which is listed in your game's "Available inputs" box in the Settings Manager.

You can map this to a menu button by setting the Button's "Click type" to "Simulate Input", and then entering in "FlashHotspots" as the button to simulate.
  • edited September 2015
    Hi, many thanks for reply.
    FlashHotspots input button highlights hotspots objects, however I am making a 2.5D game and my hotspots doesn't have an objects to highlight, hence this solution won't work for me.
    Ideal for me would be to display an Icon over hotspot as the option "Display Hotspot Icon" does when you change it from  "Never" to "Always". If this option could be  triggered via button during the gameplay that would solve the problem for me.
    However I suppose this can only be done with a custom script if it can be done at all. Any thoughts on how this can be done?

• The "Display Hotspot Icon" also has an option named "Only When Highlighting".  This will cause it's alpha value to be tied to the Hotspot's highlight intensity - even if the Highlight script doesn't actually affect an object.

Just add a Highlight script to the Hotspot, and assign itself as the "Object to highlight".  Then set the icons to show "Only When Highlighting" and you should find it works.
  • edited September 2015
    Oh cool, thanks that really works ;)
    Thanks once again for help. Adventure creator is simply amazing.