Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object highlighting?

Hi there!

I was wondering if there's a way to highlight an object when dragging (and BEFORE dropping) an inventory item on top of it.
I like to have disabled the display of the hotspot labels and therefore I would need a way to indicate when an inventory item is succesfully dragged on top of a hotspot.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Have you assigned a Highlight mesh in your Hotspot's "Object to highlight" field?  This is done simply be attaching the Highlight script to whatever sprite / mesh graphic your Hotspot represents, and then assigning it in the Hotspot component.  The 3D Demo scene, Basement, does this for it's Hotspots.
  • hi Chris, thanks a lot for your answer.
    I followed those steps indeed, and still I can't get the hotspot highlighted. I'm sure it's a simple thing I may be missing here, so I'm attaching here the settings both for the Hotspot and the Sprite which is representing it.
    Also I have checked the "Highlight Hotpots based on cursor proximity".

• Hi,

I think your problem is the material of the sprite - you have one but its the default-sprite.

Create a new one that is sprites/diffuse. and drag that into the material slot.

shopuld work then :)

Thanks

Klarax
  • hi Klarax, that was it indeed, thanks a lot for your help!

Everything working as expected now.

Cheers!