Forum rules - please read before posting.

error CS0117: `Sprite' does not contain a definition for `Create'?

Anyone else have this error? Sorry I'm pretty new to AC and Unity but it looks like it doesn't like the static function "Create"? I have Unity 5.2.0f3 an Adventure creator 1.48a...Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi @Roger, welcome to the forum.  In what context is this error appearing?  If you can elaborate on where this appears, or what it is you're trying to do, we'll be better able to help.
  • Thanks Chris,
    This happens upon importing....Here's where I'm at...

I update to the latest Unity(1.48a)... downloaded and imported the latest Adventure Creator (1.48a) on my mac, thats when  I get the error.. its erroring at about 5 instances on the CursorIcon.cs script every time "Sprite.Create" is used. Also it looks like Adventure Creator doesn't get full imported as I don't see it as menu option?

Any ideas? Thanks again!

Here's the full error:

ssets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/CursorIcon.cs(237,53): error CS0117: `Sprite' does not contain a definition for `Create'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/CursorIcon.cs(277,63): error CS0117: `Sprite' does not contain a definition for `Create'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/CursorIcon.cs(314,77): error CS0117: `Sprite' does not contain a definition for `Create'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/CursorIcon.cs(323,77): error CS0117: `Sprite' does not contain a definition for `Create'

Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Menu/Menu classes/CursorIcon.cs(337,61): error CS0117: `Sprite' does not contain a definition for `Create'

• Apologies for my late reply.

If this error message occurs on import, then Unity won't show the AC menu option until the errors are fixed.  The Unity version you posted doesn't match up - seems you put the AC version down twice by accident.  Which version is it?

Unity's Sprite class does indeed have a definition for "Create", so the only thing I can think of is that you have another asset or script file in your project that's also called "Sprite" and is causing a conflict.  Is this the case?  Try importing AC into a clean project - I may be able to allow both assets to work together, but it's important to know if this is first the cause.
  • Ahh sorry your right I put the version of AC in the Unity version. The Unity version I'm actually using is 5.2.0f3

Yup your totally right it was another script in a Utility Called Sprite.cs that is causing my issue. As Soon as I added it to an empty scene with Adventure Creator being the only script imported I get the error. It would be awesome if Adventure Creator could work with this script as I'm using this utility for a waterfall sprite? Otherwise I can hack around it.
    Thanks!
  • I'll see that the two can work together in the next update.
  • Awsome! Thanks Chris!!!