Forum rules - please read before posting.

Error with demo 3d

Hello everyone, I'm new to Unity and AC. I come from AGS and Wintermute and this new platform is a bit more difficult for me.
I'm beginning to follow the first tutorial but I have a problem when launching the demo 3d. Unity raises error: failed setting triangles. Some indices are out of bounds referencing vertices. It may depend on the version 5.2.0f3?
Thanks

Valter

Comments

• Please, Unity has just been installed , I purchased AC , I installed it
    and I followed the procedures to view demos.
    I would understand if the program is compatible with the latest version of Unity.

Thanks

• Sounds like thats a unity version not AC version, as i think we are currently on 1.47~

Where as unity is on version 5.x

I'd say try reinstalling unity. A pain, but may work.
  • It could be a problem, yes:

Chris wrote: AC is not yet compatible with 5.2, so please stick with 5.1.3 for now.

• thank you all, I did not know that AC was not compatible with the latest version of Unity.
  • Maybe that was the case (I must have missed that), but it is no longer. I'm very happily using the latest version of Unity and AC together.
  • Welcome to the forum, @valter.  Sorry you're having trouble at this early stage.

AC v1.48 / v1.48a should work with Unity 5.2 - though I'm on hand to fix any unexpected issues that arise and are reported.

I haven't heard of this error before - was that the full message?  Please copy/paste the full error message in the Console window here, as it may reveal more.  Also, does clicking on the error highlight any object in your hierarchy?

Also please let me know if this is an otherwise empty project, or if you have anything else in your Assets folder besides AC.  It sounds like this could be a faulty install, so you may have to remove AC and re-import it into your project;
  • edited September 2015
    Same issue here:

• AC 1.48a
    • Unity 5.1.2f1 personal
    • Clean Unity install (e.g. I uninstalled Unity 5.2 and reinstalled 5.1)
    • Creates an empty project
    • Downloaded and imported AC from Asset Store
    • Imported the required Tutorial assets
    Here's a screenshot: any ideas?

• edited September 2015
    To follow up, I attempted to create a project with Unity 5.2.1.f1 personal (same process as above). During AC import, Unity crashes when trying to import basement.fbx.

Error: "UnwrapCl.exe stopped working"

Screenshot:

After restarting Unity and opening the project, it attempts to re-import automatically but gives the following console warning:

A default asset was created for 'Assets/AdventureCreator/Demo/Models/Sets/Basement/Basement.fbx' because the asset importer crashed on it last time. You can select the asset and use the 'Assets -> Reimport' menu command to try importing it again, or you can replace the asset and it will auto import again.

However, trying to re-import the asset causes the crash again.

Hope this is helpful if others are having the same problem. 

/// INTERESTING NOTE ///

I imported AC on my Macbook pro (Unity 5.2.0f3) -- and I encountered none of these problems. Worked perfectly.

R

• Thanks for your notes, @robbiew.

I wonder if this is due to there being two versions of AC available for Unity 5 on the Asset Store: one published with 5.0.1, the other with 5.2.  It could be that the download manager is mistakenly downloading the wrong one.  Re-downloading AC completely when switching Unity version may fix the problem.

However, I'll looking into 5.2.1 compatibility today - thanks for the warning.
  • Update: I had the problems with the Basement.fbx file when updating to Unity 5.2.1 (thanks Unity!).

I'm still not sure what the issue is, but removing some of the minor props and re-baking the Lightmap seems to have done the trick.  A 5.2.1-specific version of AC has been submitted (though still known as v1.48a).  Please wait a couple of hours for it to appear live, then re-download it from the Asset Store - hopefully it should then work for you.
  • Thanks, Chris! I'll give it a go on my PC and report back.
  • Just to follow-up -- the AC 1.48a update fixed the problem for me w/Unity 5.2.1. Thanks for creating an amazing tool!
  • Hello, I still have the same problem.
    I tried with Unity 5.1, so I downloaded the 5.2, but always the same problem.
    I need to make a downgrade?
    There are not additional packages installed in the project, perhaps missing something?
    I work on Seven 64bit.

Valter
  • It's still not clear from Unity whether or not this is an error with the latest version of Unity, or if it is now reporting an error that was already there.

These errors appear for me when using Unity 5.2.1, and so there are separate AC packages for Unity 5.0.1, 5.2.0 and 5.2.1.  If you change your version of Unity, be sure to re-download AC before importing it, so that you get the correct one.

However, you may be able to fix the issue yourself simply by opening the Lighting window and clicking "Clear baked data" at the bottom-right.
  • Just set your Layout back to factory setings or a previous saved layout. You don't have to change the lighting.