Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pivot stuck at the center

I'm new to Unity and Adventure Creator, so I tried to do the tutorial for 2D point and click. I had to stop when I reached the point where I put down Brain idle, as the pivot was set to dead center and no matter what I do, I can't make it appear on the bottom, even if the sprite says it's said to appear on the bottom. I've tried different sprites and changed it to top and center and back to bottom, but always dead center of the sprite. What could cause this issue?

Comments

• The sprites should already be set up in Unity so that you don't have to change their pivot points.  Post some screenshots of Brain's root object, and his sprite child (both the Scene window and their Inspectors).  Be sure to parent the sprite to the root object, and place the sprite at zero transform (so that it's in the same position as it's parent).
  • edited December 2016
    I am also having this problem. It says that the pivot is at the bottom 

But when I look in the scene, it is in the center 

This is the case for all the models and no matter what I do it stays in the center.

EDIT:
    I figured it out. In the top bar, over scene I had it set to center. I changed it to pivot and now it works.
  • Hi, I have been having the same problem as described by wolfshy above.
    I am similarly new to Adventure Creator.

Here is a link to my PlayerSprite and My new Player Inspector info. You will also see an image of where my mouse pointer clicked and where my character arrived to. (He should be standing on the brown area about 0.7 up.)

It seems like the image is centred in the middle as oppossed to at the bottom centre...

I am using AC1.66.8 on a 2018 version of Unity.
    Any thoughts about what I should would be welcome. I am feeling a bit stuck :/
    Thanks.

• Going only by your screenshots, I'd say it's most likely that your sprite's Pivot is in the centre - since the sprite's position in the scene is correct.

Check the sprite's import setting - it should be similar to ScionofLight's first image above, where the Pivot field should be set to Bottom.

If it is, and the problem persists, let's see some screenshots of the sprite's import settings, as well as the result of placing the 2D Demo game's Player, Brain2D, into the scene before running (to replace your own). Is he positioned correctly?

• Yoohoo! Thanks, Chris. It was the import settings. Now I know.

Out of interest and for forward planning, is it wise to set all assets to have their pivot point set to bottom, or just the characters?

• The only requirement so far as pivots go is for characters. It's not strictly at the bottom - but in between the character's feet, so it may be a few pixels above the bottom edge depending on your images.