Forum rules - please read before posting.

PlayVideo subtitles

AC has a solution for playing vidoes (using a move texture). Is there a solution how to implement subtitles like having also the Advantage of translations?

I used an ActionList before running the Video, and run this in the Background. For each line i used Dialogue.PlaySpeech and then a pause-time between every line. But that's a huge and very inefficent way to do. Also the Problem is, by skiping the Video the subtitles will continue if i will not check everytime if the Video has been skipped.

Is there a solution for this? Anything planed?

Comments

• I would like such an option too. But I have another question regarding videos: do you have plans to implement a "Pause Video" Option?
  • Time-consuming though it may be, using speech Actions in the background is the best way to do this, as it gives you full control over the timing, display and translations of the subtitles.

You can skip the subtitles by using an Active Input (see the Manual's section 2.14) that checks for the same input button that you defined in the Engine: Play movie Action to skip the movie.  When the user presses it, run an ActionList that uses the Dialogue: Stop speech and ActionList: Kill (targeting the subtitle ActionLists) Actions to stop the subtitles from playing.

@Charlos: The next update will allow you to play movies without the need for a Material / Mesh, and just play it full-screen.  If you choose this option, pausing the game will also pause the movie.