Forum rules - please read before posting.

Conversation triggered by menu working, but weird...

Hi, 
on right clicking the inventory item, I want text to appear "as if its a conversation" This tet will be Voice Acted one day.. its the "Voice of the player"

So We right click "the Torch" in Examine slot I fire an action list for the torch
Play Speech. Text appears in the right place.. but NEVER GOES AWAY... 
Even if I add a: Menu change State/ turn off menu /Conversation
OR a stop conversation action...

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Conversations and speeches are technically different.  Turning off your conversation menu would have no effect on a speech line.

Please post screens of what you have exactly - the Examine interaction + any changes you might have made to the Menu system.
  • Sorry I just meant dialogues

In my game Id like Examine to just be voiceovers, its how we find what out Player thinks of things.
    Heres the screeny:
    This just shows that the examine Slot goes to the Torch Info asset list shown on the right... this one fires the dialogue ok, but never goes away. not even if I put a stop dialogue next OR an empty dialogue , I thought maybe a silent line would make it go, but no...
  • That should be fine.  The same trick is used to get a player response when clicking on the "Worm" inventory icon in the 2D Demo.

The only difference here is that the speech (and the ActionList) is set to run in the background, which shouldn't make a difference.  Does unchecking one, or both, of those make a difference?

If not, try temporarily replacing your Speech and Menu Managers with those used by the demo game.  If things then work, it'll help us to narrow the cause.