Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change raycast settings at runtime

Is it possible to change the raycast settings at runtime when changing a scene?

Usually i have a "hotspot ray length" of 3. When i change my scene to a 3d loacation map, i need a much higher length to reach buildings in far distance (It's a  3d city map, isometric).

How can i solve this problem?

Thx!

Comments

• A custom Action could be used to change the length mid-game to whatever you like.

This is the property you want to affect.
  • edited September 2015

Ok, worked, thx!

I thought of it and think it would be a better implementation if you can define the raycast length on each hsp (overwriteable).

I talked to some game developers how they handle this, and they all can set the raycast length per object, in AC it would be the hsp i guess.

In a 3d world, you Need to have different length. A huge building in far distance should have an interaction (look) - smaller objects should have a shorter length.

So it would be cool do define some length on the hotspot and for each length you can define interactions. That i.e. a big object can be looked at a distance from about 20m but can be used at about 5m.

If you wouldnt define a length, the Default length would be always used. So it should be possible to overwrite the length per each hsp if necessary.

• I don't see how that could be done in a way that wouldn't eat performance.  But at least this issue is solved in your case.