Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator Touch and Inventory

Hi All,

I would be grateful if someone can assist me with the following questions, I am considering moving away from using Playmaker to using solely Adventure Creator.

I want to use Adventure Creator for a game I am working on for Android.

1. Can I disable the cursor on the screen? As I want to use a different touch control system.
2. For the hotspots can I disable the 'use' and 'examine' option, so that a moment a player enters the trigger or clicks a button the hotspot is activated.
3. For the Inventory System, how can equip an item and the moment another item is equipped, the first item is unquipped?
4. Is there any tutorial I can follow that will show I can change the inventory layout?

My apologies in advance for the numerous questions, I have been struggling with this as of late and would reall appreciate any guidance.

Many thanks

Comments

• 1) You can uncheck Replace mouse cursor? in the Cursor Manager to rely on your hardware cursor instead - when built to a mobile device, it shouldn't show up at all.  But if you want to disable the cursor system completely, you can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to do so.  Placing this Action as part of your ActionList on start game (in the Settings Manager) will cause this to happen whenever your game begins, regardless of starting scene.

2) If you mean you want one-touch interactions, set your Interaction method (again, Settings Manager) to Context Sensitive, and uncheck Double-tap Hotspots? (further down).

3) That really depends on what you mean by equipped.  Only one item can be selected at a time, and if you're using the Cursor system, it'll replace the cursor icon when it is.  However, it can also be shown in an InventoryBox element in a custom Menu that's set to Display Selected.

4) A series of tutorials on customising the Menu system can be found here.