Forum rules - please read before posting.

A question on making a build without wave files for lip sync.

edited August 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi, 

I've purchsed a license for AdventureCreator under the account of t3hbs and have got a question.

The situation is that we're making a video animations for our program using AdventureCreator with assets of wave files. 

The problem is that we can build our program only when all the resources for lip sync(the wave files) are already included in the specified folder. 

But since we're going to provide our program for mobile phones as well, so it's almost impossible to require our users to download all our resources(all the wave files) at the beginning, which will make the client too big for their devices.

I know that I can also use text files as a source for lip sync, but the output animation is not as good as what is synced with wave files.

So, my question is..if there's any way that we can build our program without including all the needed wav files all at once.

Like.. we put the needed wave files into a folder which doesn't go into the build at first and into the specified folder to be included for build, we only put a text file that includes a path of a needed resources that could be downloaded afterwards.

How we're going to do it with all the resources is that we ask users to first download the client of a minimum size and then download additional resources afterwards depending on what they want to do in our program. 

Comments

• edited August 2015
    I personally, don't know a way (from what i gather you want) to download the speech separately. - or stream.

I could be wrong.

You could always have no speech and just text tho. that would work.
  • I don't know if there's a confusion here.  Unless you're using the very-very-outaded AutoLipSync component (used by Tin Pot), or Salsa With RandomEyes, the lip-sync options in the Speech Manager rely on text files - not audio.

The audio files are used by 3rd-party tools to generate the necessary text files, it's true, but once generated the audio is no longer technically necessary.  What method of lip-syncing are you going for?
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks for your reply.

We've solved the problem concerning lip-synching. And it works good with the text-based lip-synching.

Another thing is.. still, there's a problem that we cannot build unless we include all the sound resources inside the sub folder of the engine. 

But this will make the client program too heavy to download in a mobile phone at one time..

So, I wonder if there's any way to first build without including all the sound resources and to let users download further resources only when necessary. 

FYI, the version we're using is Adventure Creator 1.47. 

Thanks in advance.
  • I believe that's more of a Unity question, rather than an AC one.  Since sound files are placed in the Resources folder, a built game will search the contents of your resources.assets file - I'm guessing this file could be downloaded separately.  See this page for more.
  • Thanks a lot!! That's helped me!!