Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS and Cut Scenes

After I've ran a cutscene, how do I return back to the UFPS camera on the player? I can't obviously use that camera as it's not physically in the scene?

Comments

• It should be automatic - you're using v1.47b?  When the Cutscene is over, AC should revert back to the UFPS camera by itself.
  • Thanks Chris

No, it lingers on the last camera used in the cutscene.

I'm using the latest versions of both AC and UFPS, yes.
  • UPDATE: The cutscene now does indeed automatically go back to the UFPS camera after the cutscene but ONLY if there wasn't a 'fade out'.

If the last action in a cutscene is a fade out, then it stays 'blacked-out' on the UFPS camera and I can't find a way to 'unfade' it.
  • That sounds like a bug, which I'll look into.  In the meantime, try adding a final Fade Action that fades in instantly to the end of your Cutscene.
  • Update (now that I'm more awake):

It's not a bug - it's exactly the intended behaviour.  The fade effects still apply on your UFPS camera, so you have to fade back in (instantly or otherwise) if you want to see the scene again.

This allows you to fade in over time after cutting back to the UFPS camera - just use it as your final Action and don't check "Wait until finish?".
  • Hi Chris.

Thanks! It works perfectly! I seemed to have a hard time wondering how it knew when to cut back to the UFPS Camera.

Thanks again :)