Forum rules - please read before posting.

More UFPS integration woes

Hi again everyone,

Apologies for the vague topic heading; I've got to a point where I'm seriously considering dropping UFPS altogether: it just doesn't have the same polish and care of construction that AC has, and as a result, it's not fitting in very well in my project. It also has its own limitations (such as none of its audio can be routed through the audio mixer without serious hacking, and they have no plans to resolve this), and frankly I'm becoming disillusioned by the whole mess.

Anyway, I have two big problems that are pertinent here:

1) I recently updated to the latest version of UFPS and AC, and there's an issue with the integration of the two: when the UFPS player prefab has the "Player" script assigned to it, mouse rotation doesn't work. It feels like UFPS tries to rotate the camera, but something keeps snapping it back into place. This is occurring on my main project and in a bare-bones test project.

2) When using AC's door/hinge system (from the tutorial), it's possible for a UFPS-controlled player to jump into, through, or on top of the door (or any moveable) while it's being moved. It's easy to replicate this: simply grab hold of a moveable and try to jump into it while walking at it and moving the mouse; it doesn't take long before you discover the problem.

Oh, and a smaller problem: AC's moveable_drag property of "player movement reduction" has no effect on a UFPS player. Just putting that out there - I'm not sure if there's anything that can be done from AC's side.

Any clues? I feel like I'm losing my mind :(

Comments

• 1) I will have to look into this myself before I can say whether or not this is fixable on AC's side of things.

2) There's no special physics tricks between the player and movables (Unless Ignore Player's collider? is checked, but this is off by default), so any collision issues will be on the UFPS side of things.  Sorry I can't be more help.

The Player movement reduction setting is for AC-controlled player's only.  I suppose it ought to be hidden if you're using UFPS.
  • Thanks @ChisIceBox. I did some more digging around and it looks like the first issue is related to AC 1.47a, and not the latest UFPS. I tested it on a rolled-back version of the project with just AC updated to the latest version (but not UFPS), and the "snapping" issue happens there.

Okay, good to know. I'll poke the UFPS people and see if they can shed some light on the situation. Considering how hacked together so many of their components are, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a physics override happening somewhere under the hood.

Cheers, appreciate it.
  • No problem, I was about to say the same thing about issue 1.  This is a critical issue, so expect a fix out soon.
  • Awesome, thanks Chris!
  • Ah, this seems to be the same problem I'm having too. Can't wait for the fix :)
  • Unfortunately for me the update has still left the mouse cursor locked in the centre and unable to look around with the cursor.
  • That sucks - yours must be a different issue then :( 

It worked for me!
  • I'm going to start a new test project and use nothing but UFPS and AC and see if I have the same problem.
  • I've now done that and the same problem persists so I must be clearly missing something although I have no idea what :(
  • Are you using the latest UFPS version as well?

If all else fails, download the AC UFPS prefabs and check that they work for you.