Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS Mouse Issue

I've read through the different threads that mention this but I'm at a loss.

I have my UFPS character properly set up but when the game starts, the mouse won't make him look around (even if held down). He will however move left, right, up and down with the keys.

I've read somewhere that this has something to do with input settings.

I've tried importing UFPS first and then AC and I've also tried it vice-versa.

It worked ONCE but doesn't seem to be working again now?

I'm completely baffled. 

Comments

• You need to set up the inputs for the mouse, take a look in the console and you will see what kind of errors that occur there, like Mouse X and Y. I think that those inputs are set by default if you import UFPS after AC

Then you have to check the "Lock cursor in screen´s centre when game begins" in the settings in the AC Game Editor for it to work.
  • Thanks :) I've done that and now can move the mouse freely and look around. However, the cursor is locked in the middle so it's impossible to click on the menu or inventory items?
  • Actually the game pauses when you activate menus and that unlocks the mouse so that you can click on menus, inventory and so on. 
  • So the game must be paused before things such as the inventory can be accessed? That's not practical.

I once got it to freeaim by HOLDING the left mouse button down. The player could then click on the menu/inventory at will. However, I can't seem to replicate this any more.
  • edited August 2015
    I was in the same boat!

So you can create a hotkey to bind "Toggle Cursor" like in the tutorial, which I think feels extraordinarily clunky since FPS games typically have a feeling of less distance between Player and Character.

But after following along with the tutorial, if you apply the WalkingDead_MenuManager, it gives a very awesome UI for it. So I swapped to that.

Now I just have to tinker around with the UI look for Dialogue System for Unity to have a similar look and feel. image

Ugh, another problem I'm having is that it puts a dot on the center of every hotspot... which is rather distracting when it's hovering in the middle of a character. Trying to figure out how to get rid of that... if anyone knows, I'd be super grateful. 

• It's under Hotspot settings, in your Settings Manager.
  • I don't want to use the Walking Dead interface though. I just want it to function as it did where moving the mouse with the left-button held down makes the camera look around. and still allows me to freely move the cursor to click on the Menu and Inventory.
  • Even after updating to 1.47b the issue is the same. I can only move the mouse by making sure 'Lock Cursor in screen's centre when game begins' is checked, but this is no good as the cursor can never click on the menu or inventory as it's always in the centre of the screen.

If someone knows how to enable it again so that HOLDING-DOWN the left mouse button looks around and just moving the mouse with no button pressed enables the player to click on the menu/inventory, then that would be great. Cheers.
  • Have you mapped a button to the "ToggleCursor" input?  That's how you switch being able to free-aim, and move the mouse on menus, during gameplay.
  • Hi Chris

How do I go about doing this and what do I assign it to?
  • Ah, I've got it, cheers :)