Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multi Branch Storylines?

Does anyone know of a way (or if AC supports it) of getting the plug in to support a story having a major fork in the storyline?

A good example of this is in a Life Is Strange, they have a major decision to be made where you can save a character. However, the game will continue if she dies/lives. 

Is this at all possible? Thanks guys!

Comments

• Wouldn't that just be a matter of setting up the correct global variables - and accepting the fact that you've created a lot of content that won't be visible during that particular play-through?
  • Yeh there should be a way to maintain a "state" and "substates" (just simple integers) as well as booleans (hasSaved), simply using the variable system, for example you can go from state=CHOOSE_TO_SAVE or state=CHOOSE_NOT_TO_SAVE and have different functionality within a switch depending on that. I am very close to beginning this in my game, so hopefully I can report more on this later.
  • @Snebjorn Oh really!? I didn't purchase AC, I guess I was just asking a question. I should have specified that. 

But yes, I would imagine that would be something along those lines. I just wasn't sure if AC had something built into it already.

@radiantboy That sounds like its in the right ballpark. I'm gonna purchase this plug in and go ahead and give it a go!
  • @kykymonstar AC definitely comes with all the tools you'd need for this - but it will obviously make your game logic a bit more complicated.
  • @kykymonstar - I'm developing The Last Time with AC and AC definitely makes it easy to have branches in the storyline :)
  • @Big_Cow That's super awesome! I just took a look at your trailer, seems pretty cool. Cannot wait to see more!!