Forum rules - please read before posting.

NavMesh not working after 1.74 update

Hi there,

just updated to 1.74, now the character can't move around. 

I click in the walk box area and the player starts the walk animation and faces the direction but doesn't move. It was working before the update but not now.

Comments

• I should also mention that this is a 2D scene
  • I second that.

Just updated to 1.47 from 1.45. There are no errors but the nav mesh is not taken into consideration at all.

In addition, the player character does not start the scene facing the direction that the PlayerStart2D marker is facing. Infact changing the marker to any direction has no effect at all.

This is also a 2D game. 
  • Try turning off root motion in the character's inspector (I think that setting is on the rigidbody). Fixed it for me.
  • ok,apparently this has to do with the managers being reset to the 2Ddemo ones that comes with the package.

I have my own set of managers for my game, how do I load them all at once?
  • It's not a managers problem for me. I have my own managers loaded (@semaphore not sure if you can load them all at once, might just have to do them individually). I will try your suggestion @hedgefield and report back.
  • I can find any option to turn off root motion...
  • Select your character, go to the Animator on the sprite child and uncheck root motion.
  • Yep, thanks @hedgefield that's fixed the problem.
  • @Semaphore: You can avoid having your manager references reset by unchecking the file "AdventureCreator / Resoureces / References.asset" when importing an AC update.  But re-assigning your managers is a simple case of selecting the ManagerPackage asset file created in your game's subfolder, and selected "Assign managers" in it's Inspector.