Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to hover over right side of the screen and show arrow prompt?

edited August 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi, I want to be able to hover over to the left or the right of the screen and show an arrow prompt that points in the right direction. This must be very easy to do but I cant figure it out, also not with hotspots since the hotspots need text. I just want to show the arrow prompt with no text. Any help?

Comments

• It the camera is fixed (so that the right side of the scene always matches the right side of the screen), you could do this with a Menu - an invisible Button can change the cursor when the mouse hovers over it.  You could also do this with a Hotspot with a single space " " as it's alternative Label.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Chris, thanks, the solution with the Menu works. But I want my player to walk to a specific direction, each time when clicked on an arrow. I would like to keep the directions the same, when clicking on the right arrow, walking to the right and when clicking on the left to the left etc. For this its probably best to make an action parameter but how? I figured it must be easier with a hotspot in that case but I see only interaction, examine options etc not how to hover over before an action takes place. How to do that?
  • Well, somehow solved it myself but thanks for your advice again Chris!
  • I did this by simply creating a new interaction icon with the arrow image. And then used hotspots and made the hotspot label a single space bar (" "). This means that technically there is a text box displaying a space bar, but since you don't see anything it doesn't matter. That's just a way to get around the fact that hotspots need text.