Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug with Player Switching.

Hi,

I have 2 possible players in my game. A soldier and a witch. I've set the Character Settings to Allow player switching and added both players. Player 0 works correctly. But when I change default player to player 1, the triggers do not recognize her.

I tested it by temporarily switching the trigger's "Trigger detects:" property to Any Object, and in this case it does detect Player 1 as well as Player 2. But of course, that doesn't feel very safe.

Am I doing something wrong? Is adventure creator prejudiced against female players in the player one slot? (joke)

Comments

• I was able to hack around it by changing the Trigger detect type for all my triggers to Any Object With Component and setting the Component name to "Player". If anyone is having the same problem, hopefully this helps.
  • Good workaround, but I shall look to fix this.
  • When set to detect players, the Trigger should activate so long as the object entering it is tagged as "Player" - it doesn't actually look for the Player prefab itself.  Can you confirm both Player prefabs are tagged as Player?
  • Yes, sorry I forgot about this thread. The players are both identical. I duplicated the original player and just replaced the model. But it no longer happens since I updated to the latest Adventure creator version so no worries.