Forum rules - please read before posting.

object examine mode

In first person control, how can i achieve to examine an object, that it will fly to my fps-cam, i switch to point&click and can rotate the object and by pressing a button/mouse-button the object will fly back to the original position?

I tried to use a marker as a child of my fps-cam which is the view-marker and a marker for the original pos of the current object (to put it back). By clicking the hotspot (examine) i used object -> transform -> copyMarker whith transition time 1sec. But the object flies to my MainCam, not to my fps-cam.

Is that the right way to do this? Better idea? If so, how can i fix this?  

Comments

• edited August 2015
    edit: it's not flying to the mainCam it's fyling somewhere and changing his size. Teleport will do it mostly but i have no transion time and it will not Center to my fps-cam verticaly.
  • You'll need to give more detail/screenshots about what exactly you've done so far.  Are you referring to a UFPS camera?  If you've parented the Marker to the camera, leave your Position relative to setting as Nothing - since the relation is already established.
  • I haven't done much so far, i tried things out but didn't work like i expected. Here is what i want:

https://youtu.be/__i_LoRKhJ0?t=114     time:1:55

I don't use UFPS (maybe later).

I thought i can use a marker (object view point) and set this marker as a child of my fps cam. Using teleport will move it to the marker but i had not transition time. It should be flying smooth like in the video and after examine i want to move the object back to the original pPosition. That's were i need another object pos marker.

• In theory that should all work - but without seeing what you have exactly I can't suggest much else.  Try it again, ensuring that the player prefab is within the scene outside of "play" mode (so that you can reference the Marker easily) and post screenshots of what happens, what you've done within your Actions.