Forum rules - please read before posting.

IL2CPP error

edited July 2015 in Engine development

Hello,
I am trying to make an iOS 64 bit build (setting PlayerSettings -> Other Settings -> Scripting Backend: IL2CPP)
I have this error on build:

IL2CPP error for type 'Mono.Security.Protocol.Tls.Handshake.ClientCertificateType' in assembly '/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/TestBuild_64Bit_iOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Mono.Security.dll'
Additional information: Build a development build for more information. Attempting to constrain a value of type 'System.Object' to type 'AC.ConstantID'.

Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe --copy-level=None --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check --enable-symbol-loading --development-mode --extra-types.file="/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/il2cpp_default_extra_types.txt"  --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/TestBuild_64Bit_iOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/TestBuild_64Bit_iOS/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll" --generatedcppdir="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/TestBuild_64Bit_iOS/Temp/il2cppOutput/il2cppOutput" --builder=none 

I am reproducing this on an empty project with AC 1.46g, Unity 5.1.2f1

Building an empty project without AC works. Anybody experiencing this?

Comments

• It mentions "Build a development build for more information" - have you tried doing so to get a more detailed error log?
  • edited July 2015
    Yes, I have 4 red errors, too long to paste all here:

IL2CPP error for type 'System.Uri/UriScheme' in assembly '/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/System.dll'
    Additional information: Build a development build for more information. Attempting to constrain a value of type 'System.Object' to type 'AC.ConstantID'.

Failed running /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe --copy-level=None --emit-null-checks --enable-array-bounds-check --enable-symbol-loading --development-mode --extra-types.file="/Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/il2cpp_default_extra_types.txt"  --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll" --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll" --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/Assembly-UnityScript.dll" --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.UI.dll" --assembly="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/StagingArea/Data/Managed/UnityEngine.dll" --generatedcppdir="/Users/xxx/Documents/iOS Dev/xxx/Temp/il2cppOutput/il2cppOutput" --builder=none 

Exception: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe did not run properly!
    UnityEditorInternal.Runner.RunManagedProgram (System.String exe, System.String args, System.String workingDirectory, UnityEditor.Scripting.Compilers.CompilerOutputParserBase parser) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:68)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.ConvertPlayerDlltoCpp (ICollection`1 userAssemblies, System.String outputDirectory, System.String workingDirectory) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:402)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPBuilder.Run () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:293)
    UnityEditorInternal.IL2CPPUtils.RunIl2Cpp (System.String tempFolder, System.String stagingAreaData, IIl2CppPlatformProvider platformProvider, System.Action`1 modifyOutputBeforeCompile, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry runtimeClassRegistry) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/Il2Cpp/IL2CPPUtils.cs:211)
    UnityEditor.iOS.PostProcessiPhonePlayer.PostProcess (UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor pp, BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String stagingAreaDataManaged, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.iOS.iOSBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:316)
    UnityEditor.BuildPlayerWindow:BuildPlayerAndRun()

Error building Player: Exception: /Applications/Unity/Unity.app/Contents/Frameworks/il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe did not run properly!

The second error reports stdout and UnHandled Exception message, want me to send them via PM?
  • Notice that the first error line is different from yesterday, the one that I pasted now is from my current game project. 
  • edited July 2015
    I've reproduced this error in 5.1.2, but can't in earlier versions of Unity.

It seems that this is a bug with the latest Unity release, rather than AC - as the link in this thread suggests.  It seems that Unity are on the case, however, so hopefully the next release will see this sorted.

Until then, you may have to roll back to an earlier version of Unity for the game to build.
  • edited July 2015
    The curious thing is that I upgraded Unity because I got the error with 5.1.1f and I wasn't able to build.
    I am testing now with 5.1.1f on an empty project and it is building. Hope that also my game project will build!
    Thank you as always!

EDIT: Also my game project builds! 
  • The issue seems to be fixed with 5.1.2p3. We encountered the error as well, but has not occurred with building with this version.
  • Excellent news - thanks for the update.