Forum rules - please read before posting.

problem persists with FP mouse control

This problem has been discussed under a different and misleading title. Chris, you know our lengthy discussion on this subject that I thought it was cleared yesterday but it is the same.

You asked me to send a package with my scene but there is no need since I have now super minimized my scene as follows:

I created a new project and downloaded AC

Under your Demo->Resources I picked up your Tin Pot and used
it as the Player in ACGame Settings

I also clicked at the First Person

I placed a plane and a hotspot in the scene this one calling
a Interaction

I place a Dialog:Play speech as the only ActionList.

I place your Tin Pot in the scene and run it

Tin Pot can turn around and move with the mouse no problem.

I touch the hotspot and the dialog text appears. THEN TIN
POT CANNOT BE MOVED WITH THE MOUSE ANYMORE.

I have been going with this problem for 10 days and also used two different PC's with the same result

Comments

• .... I have tested this also using a cutscene and using an ActionList asset controlled by a keyboard key so it is not just using an Interaction. I have even tried to execute not a dialog:speech but an even simpler Engine :pause 5 seconds .... the same !!!

:

• FORGET IT !! inexplicably it all works again. This has happened 2 days ago and then it stopped working. But now m FP character moves with the mouse. no problem.

Why this intermittency ????

But I am happy and can continue working...

^:)^
  • As random as it might seem to be, it's likely that there's some obscure option somewhere in e.g. Settings Manager that's causing the issue.

If it occurs again, try reverting back to the Demo_SettingsManager asset and see if setting First Person from there fixes the issue.  If so, we can figure out what the difference is.  You change change the asset file at the top of the manager.