Forum rules - please read before posting.

Teleport and NavCameras

One more question.
If I set all my cameras up, using e.g. x-Axis movement, everything works as expected.

There is one situation in the level where the character uses an elevator. After he pressed the button the camera flies down and I want him to appear down there. I could only find the teleport action to be usefull fot that.

The problem is, that now alle the x-Axis movement of the cameras is messed up. I think they dont recognize the 50 steps in x-Direction the character teleports, so they are now 50 steps too far away. Is there anything I am overseeing?

I saw the option "use default player start", but I cant figure out how to use it properly. 

Comments

• edited July 2015
    The camera should follow the player in the same way regardless of how quickly the player moves - so even teleporting instantly shouldn't affect it.  Screenshots would help better understand the problem.

The "Use default PlayerStart" option is to ensure the camera moves the same regardless of where the player begins the scene (important if you can enter it from multiple locations).  It shouldn't have any bearing on this problem, which occurs mid-scene, but generally you should have it checked.

For future reference: questions like this belong in Technical Q&A.
  • Sorry for the wrong category.
    I opened a new question with screenshots here.