Forum rules - please read before posting.

Getting Started?

I got AC and Unity recently and Im  pretty certain I want to use direct controls, there are a few things I can't seem to find solutions for.

So far I've got my character walking when I press buttons and standing idle when I'm not(It's legacy)

What I dont know how to do is get the character to run, by default the character walks with wasd and the arrows but it doesn't seem to have a default "run" button, how do I set this up?

Additionally I'm using the third person camera, I dont know how to work it at all, unless I lock it it flails all over the place when the character walks and when I limit it it awkwardly slides beneath the character. And what should I do if I want the cursor to shift the camera around similar to most pc games?

Comments

• These are generally all to do with having the right Inputs defined in Unity's Input manager.

The Settings Manager lists all Inputs available to you given your chosen settings - among them are "Run" and "ToggleRun".  If you define either of these Inputs, then pressing them during gameplay will let your character run.

The 3rd-person camera allows you to specific the names of the Inputs used to rotate the camera yourself, so it's really up to you how you use it.  To have it rotate with the mouse, you'd want to define inputs in your Input manager that respond to the mouse movement (by default in Unity, these exist as "Mouse X" and "Mouse Y".  Entering in matching values into the camera's inspector will allow you to control movement with the mouse - though you may need to tweak the other settings to get the feel of it the way you want.