Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lipsync issue

Hello,

I am using adventure creator 1.46g and I'm experiencing some issues regarding lip-sync animation. I've chosen to use the sapi method, I have the text files for each line and the 5 sprites for the default phonemes. 

The issue is that the mouth animation sometimes starts a bit delayed, and if the line isn't very long the character's mouth only moves once or doesn't move at all. Is there anything I can do to enhance the mouth animation? Maybe add some more visemes/sprites for phonemes ? But since it depends, I don't know if it is good solution.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• It mainly depends on both the lip-sync speed you've set in the Speech Manager, and the phoneme strings that you've divided the frames by.  Opening up a Sapi-generated text file is a good way to see what kind of phoneme strings are being used frequently.

Sapi is the same method that was used to lip-sync the Physics demo, so you might want to download it and pick it apart.