Forum rules - please read before posting.

2 animations on the same hotspot

Lets say I want to open/close a door using a hotspot with object: transform. Is this possible? Right now I know how to open the door but not how to close it. Can AC do this?

Comments

• I "Solved" it by enable/disable the hotspots after the animation but this will result in large amounts of hotspots if there is like a kitchen with 20 cabinet-doors there will be a total of 40 hotspots on that alone... Hopefully there is another way to do it because this doesnt "feel" right  :-S
  • Make an actionlist with your stuff you want to do and call this actionlist. Otherwise use parameters
    http://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/introduction-parameters

• You can create multiple "Use" interactions on the same Hotspot (one for opening, one for shutting), and use the Hotspot: Change interaction Action to only have one of them enabled at a time - ie. if you open it, disable the "Open" interaction, and enable the "Close" interaction.  Be sure to add the RememberHotspot script to it, so that changes made to it will be stored in save games.
  • Great tip Chris!, that will cut my number of hotspots in half at least  :)>-

How expensive are hotspots/triggers for the computer? I can´t imagine them being very expensive, at least not while they are not being activated right? 
  • edited July 2015
    Damn it. I again forgot about Hotspot: Change interaction :( and I still use double Hotspots in my own way.
    I gotta write it somewhere to not forget it next time.

I know one guy who uses all his levels/scenes in one  scene and he has like thousands hotspots. It only affected his work in Unity but not when he runs his game. Chris showed him a way to hide Hotspots in the editor, so it is not a problem. I just don't remember the exact post in this forum where he asked about it.
  • I tested it now and it works great! One thing tho; when I use change interaction, under "Use interaction" it says 0: Use for the first one and 1: Use for the secong one, its a little hard to know which is which, is there a way to make the interactions name appear here instead of 0,1, 2 and so on?
  • The Cursor Manager is where the "Use", "Look" names etc come from.  You can create others for use in the Hotspot from there.

The Trigger is only expensive if you set it run Continuously.