Forum rules - please read before posting.

How can I have a hotspot based inventory showing every inventory items ?

Hello,

I have a little inventory inside a hotspot based interface.
This interface is triggered by player vicinity so I have to set my InventoryBox to "Hotspot Based" (if I set it to default or anything else it won't work...)

I would like this inventory to show every items I'm carrying and not only items that have an interaction with the hotspot (and lunch the standard interaction if needed).

Do I have to manually create interactions for each hotspot/item combination or is there any work around ?

Thx

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Ok I found the solution all by myself.

//get item's label from the inventoryBox
    string invItemLabel = AC.PlayerMenus.GetElementWithName ("Interaction","InventoryBox").GetLabel (0,0);
    //get its position in localItems
    int invItemPos=AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems.FindIndex(myItem => myItem.label == invItemLabel);
    //get its Id (may be different from position !!!)
    int invItemId=AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.localItems[invItemPos].id;
    //perform "use item on active hotspot"
    AC.KickStarter.playerInteraction.ClickButton (AC.InteractionType.Inventory,0,invItemId,AC.KickStarter.playerInteraction.GetActiveHotspot ());
  • Great job!  This is exactly the kind of thing I hope the new script reference will be able to help with.

I wonder if this thing should be more easily do-able though, so I'll have a think about that.