Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPCs Sliding

Is there a way to prevent NPCs from sliding and moving when the player walks into them? Or a way for the player to walk around them rather than straight through them?

Comments

• Hi

I had this exact issue and it was discussed, along with possible solutions in this thread:

Notice one update Chris made after this (mentioned in thread) was to give NPCs the 'ability' to avoid the player if they get too close.
  • Thanks, but changing the mass to 10000 or above doesn't work. Using the the 'Avoid Player' just makes the NPC slide from further away.

It would be great if there was a way of making the player automatically walk around the NPC.
  • Yeah, that was my hope. I managed by putting a trigger under the NPC to make an action occur where the player came to a stop.

Altering your navmesh could work, but if you need the NPC to use the navmesh then it clearly will result in problems. A solution for that problem might be to use a navmesh hole which gets turned off when you want the NPC to access the navmesh.