Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionList Editor causing errors when Interaction is selected - Also how to make ActionList?

edited June 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm having trouble figuring out how to create an action list. I have followed the steps to create a use interaction, but when I view the Inspector for the interaction I don't see how to create an Action List (this is all I see) and if I click on the ActionList Editor tab with the Interaction selected, it goes into never-ending error messages - actually just two repeating forever until I click off somewhere. 

Error 1:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Rect.get_x () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/artifacts/EditorGenerated/Math.cs:935)
ActionListEditorWindow.NodesGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:306)
ActionListEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:177)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Error 2:

Instance of  couldn't be created because there is no script with that name.
UnityEngine.ScriptableObject:CreateInstance(String)
AC.ActionListEditor:GetDefaultAction() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditor.cs:243)
ActionListEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:172)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

It's entirely possible I missed a step or am using this the wrong way. I used the New Game Wizard to set the game up and everything up to this point has been working fine but I'm getting hung up on this step.

Thanks

Comments

• Hi, this happened to me as well. In my case the solution was to go to Game Editor tab, then click Actions and there click Refresh List. After that all the actions were back. Perhaps, it is a bug...
  • This appears to be fixed with the latest update.