Forum rules - please read before posting.

Third Person Interaction

Hi,

So I've been able to get this to work with my third person controller. Is it possible to allow the interactions to be initiated by a button instead of using the mouse. 

Like Life is Strange.

Thanks

Comments

• Check your list of "Required inputs" in the Settings Manager.  Depending on your chosen settings, the left and right mouse buttons should be able to be re-mapped to the "InteractionA" and "InterationB" Input buttons respectively.
  • edited July 2015
    Ok. But what if I wanted to use directional keys with the that evil lair tutorial. I was able to assign keys to the game. But I want mouse control in any,way.

Update: I changed cursor horizontal and cursor vertical. How do I get the hotspot to highlight when I'm close. I used player vicinity but it doesnt seem to work. I'm using direct input right now.
  • The Player prefab will need a "Hotspot detector" trigger collider, that is used to determine how close is close enough.  This tutorial should help you, and this is also covered at the end of section 5.1 of the manual.
  • Hi,

I just recently got back into Adventure Creator. I've been trying to get this player vicinity to work but it refuses to work. I've added the hotspot detector and did everything I should in those tutorials.

But the hotspot doesn't detect when im close to it. 
  • edited January 2016
    This is a screen of my settings. The moment i change it to mouse over, it works instantly. But in player vicinity it doesn't work. I checked the gizmos and see the collider working and following the player.

• Yeah... so i feel really foolish.... This was what I was missing...

Anyway sorry for the troubles. I should have looked more. AC is an amazing software,thank you.