Forum rules - please read before posting.

UFPS - mouse look

To start with, I am using the latest Unity, UFPS and Adventure Creator. 

I loaded the player prefabs and followed the instructions on how to use UFPS and AC together. However, after trying all 3 prefabs, and making my own, I can't get the mouse to look around. The forwards, back left and right, jump controls work great. Just can't look around..

Any ideas how I might be going wrong.

Many thanks in advance! :) 

Comments

• I had the same problem, make sure that the "Lock cursor in screen´s centre when game begins?" in the AC Game Editor Settings is checked.
  • Thanks MinpinStudios :)

That didn't seem to work for me though. Maybe I am missing the mouse inputs of something? Anyone else have any ideas please? :)
  • Oh yes I forgot that! :)

You have to make two new inputs, Mouse X and Mouse Y and change type to mouse movement on those and of course axis to X and Y.
  • UFPS and AC are both "Complete projects" on the Asset Store, so will both try to overwrite the Inputs / Tags etc with their respective requirements.  Since AC has much fewer requirements (covered in section 1.1 of the manual), I'd recommend installing AC then UFPS, so that UFPS has last-say on what the set-up is.
  • Thanks so much! I will give it another go tomorrow :)

I have read the manual ~ but have only been using Unity for about 6 weeks. >__< 

I am sure my project will be much nicer with mouse smoothing!

Thanks again :D
  • I read that I should do it the other way around on the tutorial:

". But since UFPS makes more changes, it is easier to install UFPS before Adventure Creator."

Read it here:  http://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/integrating-ultimate-fps

I am about to try it the other way as you suggested, will let you know how it goes..
  • possibly ticking "blocks mouse look" will help on the ufps guy.
  • Thanks everyone :) Got it working by installing AC and then UFPS. Then I went and fiddled with the inputs a bit :) 

Thanks for your help! :D

• I installed UFPS first as well since it says so in the manual, I don´t have any problems so far though, hope it wont cause problems further down the road   :-/
  • I've corrected the tutorial - AC should be imported first.

The original instructions were fine, in that you're OK to import AC second so long as you don't import the Inputs and Layers - but I've re-written them to make things easier: import AC, import UFPS, then re-add AC's small number of needed Inputs / Tags manually following the guide in section 1.1 of the manual.
  • I installed AC after UFPS with both inputs and layers, I got mine working but should I start over from the beginning with installing AC first just to be on the safe side or can I fix eventual problems with inputs/layers later on if problems occur?
  • Nothing's irreversible - it's all just settings that the user can edit.  I should think that UFPS covers what needs to be set up in it's manual as well, but you can always re-import UFPS at any time in your project.