Forum rules - please read before posting.

Managing container / inventory using keyboard and blocking character movement

Hi again.

I have a problem with the inventory. I'm in mode Direct (no mouse), and I have a container (the sprite is a box). When "use" action on the hotspot "box", I open the container (Container: Open action). It works, but from this point I've been hours trying to solve tree problems:
  1. To avoid that the character can be moved via keyboard (more or less, pausing the game, although I'm not sure that it's exactly like that).
  2. To manage the container with keyboard. The container UI seems like it was disabled. Anyway, I can't select or move to inventory with the keys.
  3. Independently of the container, to find a way to open the character's inventory in anyplace using a key. I'm sure it has to be very easy, but I don't know how.

Thank you and sorry about my "beginnity" :(

Comments

• 2) Keyboard-controlled AC Menus only work when the Menu pauses gameplay.  You can do this by going into the Menu Manager, selecting the Container menu, and checking Pause game when enabled?

1) When a pausing Menu is on, the player will no longer be able to move.  If however you needed to stop the player from being moveable during any other time, you can use the Player: Constrain Action to constrain his movement.

3) The default Inventory menu is set to appear when the mouse hovers over the top part of the screen, but this can be changed to respond to an input key.  Again in the Menu Manager, select Inventory, and change the Appear type to On Input Key.  You'll then be able to enter in the name of the Input you've defined in Unity's Input manager.