Forum rules - please read before posting.

Preparing 3D scene into Unity for AC

Hello!!!

I'm new on Adventure Creator and and I'm working on a 3D Adventure project.
I have 90% first scenary modeling and I crop up some doubts how I prepare it to work on AC.

- The correct method is import 3D scenary into Unity and "extract" the different objects (future interactive elements) to convert into prefabs and then create a new prefab to combine them again?

- In indoor scenary, it's necessary to model all the walls although one of them never going to see (ceiling, p.e.)?

Thanks!!!
pd. sorry but my english is very basic level, forgive mistakes :P

Comments

• Hello @FRACTRO, welcome to the forum.

If you're just getting started with Unity, you will get better help on questions about working with models and prefabs in general on the Unity forums.  This forum is intended for questions specific to AC, and not general Unity usage.

However, I can tell you that it is not necessary to model something if it's not on screen (e.g. the ceiling), but you may want to as shadows / lighting may not look correct without it.

If you haven't already, you might want to take a look at some of the tutorials on using AC to create new scenes:
  • Hi @ChrisIceBox,

Thanks for your quickly response.

I have basic notions of Unity but now he was going to begin make a game and wanted to structure correctly and efficiently the environment.

From what I've been seeing, in the example of Evils Lair, the idea is create prefabs in other prefabs to have the full stage.

And on modeling or no visible elements, I am kept in accordance and as I had imagined that the lighting could not be correct. That is why we will modeling the entire model.

Thanks!
  • Hello again,

I'm preparing the first scene of my game and he started to follow, step by step, the 3D game tutorial.

It will be a game based on Point&Click system and using Tin Pot character for first test. 

I have understood that the Navmesh is enough, I don't need collision cubes. But when I play game the player falls down.

¿What could be the problem?

Thanks!
  • Solved!
    I've been reading the documentation and yes, I need collision cube and the navmesh.
    I understand the difference between these two elements.
    Thanks!!