Forum rules - please read before posting.

Prevent background interactions in menu

Hi folks,

I'm working on a first-person adventure game. When I have the inventory screen open, players can still interact with the background - anything outside of the inventory screen area, including hotspots and moveables. The player can even add items to their inventory while the screen is open.

Pausing the game isn't viable in this case, and that prevents inventory item names from popping up, as well as drag-and-drop item combinations.

I've tried a dirty workaround of having a giant button in the background of the inventory screen, and while that does block hotspot interaction, it doesn't block moveable interaction.

Any ideas for a solution? I'm hoping this is just something obvious that I've overlooked.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I realised that my wording in the first paragraph wasn't quite clear: I want to prevent players from being able to interact with hotspots/moveables in the background!
  • You can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to disable Interactions while the Menu is open - this can go in your ActionList when turn on field in your Menu's properties (and vice versa)
  • ChrisIceBox, that's solved the issue with hotspots, but not with moveables. I can still interact with them while the inventory screen is open :(
  • I will see if that can be corrected in v1.47.
  • Ah, amazing. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks as always!