Forum rules - please read before posting.

Possible bug with UFPS and draggable objects

Hi everyone,

I've been having a lot of trouble with this, but it seems inconsistent so I'm not sure if it's a bug or a problem with my game.

I'm using Ultimate FPS with AC, and I'm running into a particular issue: if I have "Disable free-aim while dragging" enabled, player free/mouse-look becomes constrained if I left-click on nothing (ie: not on hotspots or draggable items).

This can be observed by opening the UFPS player at runtime and keeping an eye on the "Forced (always shown)" checkbox under Vp_FP Input -> Mouse Cursor. Normally this should only be toggled on when I want to constrain the player, through an action, for example.

I've tested this with a new scene (using the UFPS SimplePlayer prefab provided with AC), and noticed that the behaviour changes slightly when SimplePlayer is actually in the scene, and not just created at runtime. In this case, the pistol weapon continues to fire when the player clicks just once, as though the trigger is jammed down. The "jamming" can be stopped by pressing the alt button twice - to constrain and then free mouse-look.

I had this problem a few days ago and thought I fixed it by placing the UFPS player into the scene, but today the issue came back, seemingly out of nowhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are some screenshots of my AC and UFPS controls [UFPS has to have "Blocks mouselook" enabled, otherwise AC cannot constrain mouse-look while dragging):

Comments

• It's hard to say how much of this problem is on AC's side vs UFPS's.  But with your detailed breakdown, I at least have enough to look into it on my end - thanks.
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks @ChrisIceBox. For the record, the problem hasn't cropped up in the last two days (in my main project, but it still persists in my test project), but I can't account for what I changed that could have fixed it. It really does seem inconsistent :/
  • It's a total bug - but fixed for 1.47.
  • ChrisIceBox, you're a legend. Thank you sir!