Forum rules - please read before posting.

Interface problems

Hi i want a simple interface for my game something like the game Alcatraz 1954. Here is a gameplay with what i want
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4JtR_9ha2o

My idea its something like a cursor with 2 options Left click action, right click examine yes that it´s my system at this moment. But i want to put some graphics like that game i make some stuff but i have some problems like the icons go everywhere except in the empty holes of the pointer(take a look the video to have a better idea). Another stuff if i place the icons well im get stuck on the hotspot and to have another object i have to take off the mouse from the screen to clear the selection and the select so that not work for me.
Any idea to make that kind of system like the gameplay i put?
any example will be great

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Please provide timestamps to the video that relate to what you're referring to - I'm not clear on what you mean exactly.
  • The video its an example i want this kind of pointer image and interact like the game Alcatraz 1954 or other games with the same 2 buttons options
  • Assuming your game uses "Context Sensitive" as your Interaction method, you can use Interaction menus to handle the display of Hotspot icons instead of the cursor.

With the default "Interaction" menu available in Demo_MenuManager, try changing the "Appear type" from "On Interaction" to "On Hotspot".  It will then display - with the correct icons visible, when the mouse hovers over a Hotspot.  You'd have to re-style it so that the icons will appear within each handcuff on the cursor graphic, and you could do this using Unity UI if you prefer.
  • thanks i will try that